It’s the weekend! After a busy week of activities, commitments, and general craziness, we’ve finally made it to the weekend. But instead of seeing vast open space when I look at the next few Saturdays and Sundays on my calendar, I see more activities, commitments, and general craziness. It seems that the weekends have become just an extension of our normal busy week. And I know that in a very short time, we’ll be starting the downhill slide into the holiday season, which means that our weekends are only going to get busier.
But even in the middle of our busy schedules, it’s important to find a few moments for fun. On Day 1 of 31 days of Simple Change, I talked about how important it is to slow down, especially when we are feeling overwhelmed with commitments. One way to slow down is to carve a little bit of time out of our day to spend on uncomplicated and fun activities. Fall is a great season to find some fun. The weather is comfortable and there are a lot of great events and activities happening all around us. Here are just a few ideas for some simple Fall fun:
- Apple picking at a local orchard.
- Go to a local high school football game.
- Walk through a park or on a nature trail and soak in the beautiful fall colors emerging on the trees.
- Find a local farm or farmers’ market and purchase some apple cider.
- Take a walk through your neighborhood and enjoy the fall decorations your neighbors are displaying.
- Attend a local Fall Festival or Craft Show.
- Bake a loaf of pumpkin bread or some pumpkin cookies.
Looking for more Fall Fun Ideas? Here’s a list of 50 Fun Fall Activities from Real Simple’s Website.
How are you spending your Fall weekends? Do you have any fall traditions? I would love to hear what suggestions you have for fun Fall activities!
Throughout the month of October, I’ll be sharing some ideas for simple changes you can make to improve your life. Did you miss a day? Visit the 31 Days Welcome page for links to each day.